Christmas 2012 donations to the Textpattern developers
It is once again time to thank our dedicated group of Textpattern Developers for their efforts, hard work and dedication with our annual Christmas fund raising effort.
This is the third year that we have organised this – last year US$1600 was donated by 47 Textpattern community members and in 2010, €930 was raised. So this year, we aim to hopefully raise a little more.
If anyone needs a good reason for donating, please consider that there have been more code revisions to Textpattern in 2012 than some previous years combined.
How it works:
- To donate, please visit TXP Tips and donate using the PayPal button
- Note that donations will go to my personal PayPal account
- We collect donations until December 31st
- I’ll update this post every few days regarding how much we have collected and the donors’ names (unless he/she wishes to remain anonymous)
- On January 1st the total amount collected will be split and sent directly to each Developer’s PayPal account
Thanks in advance to everyone. And remember who you gave your heart to last Christmas…!!
Thank you to the 39 contributors from the Textpattern community. The 2012 Christmas fund for TXP Developers is over and we managed to raise a record amount – US$1735!
After accounting for the US$80 or so in PayPal fees, we had around US$330 to give to each of our TXP developer friends.
- Stef Dawson
- Jukka Svahn
- Phil Wareham
- Robert Wetzlmayr
This year, in recognition for his outstanding efforts to not only develop and relaunch TXP magazine but also for introducing a revamped Textpattern social media strategy via Twitter, Facebook and Google+, we are also recognising and thanking Destry Wion.
Our great thanks to the 4 core developers and Destry. You’ve made it a great year for the software and its community, and we are thankful for your past and continuing efforts to improve Textpattern – the versatile, elegant and easy-to-use content management system.
Have a great 2013!